Over the last two decades or so, the online casino industry has proven itself to be incredibly creative, and the invention of Slingo bingo is a great example. Have you ever wondered what would happen if the worlds of online slots and online bingo collided? The answer is Slingo bingo, a type of online gambling game that players are picking up thick and fast in 2021 at sites like Umbingo.
Whilst the original idea for Slingo has been around since 1994, it is only in recent years that it has become a genuine force in the industry. Fusing the reel-based gameplay of online slots with traditional bingo numbers and bingo scorecards, Slingo bingo is a fantastic synthesis of two sensationally fun online gambling games.
Although classic online bingo sites are great fun, their games can sometimes lack speed and excitement, not to mention useful statistics such as RTP, volatility and maximum jackpot wins. Slingo bingo is a different beast entirely, giving players the chance to explore the odds a bit deeper, making better gambling choices in the process.
The Slingo bingo selection at Umbingo is unparalleled, with a host of wicked titles like Slingo Fluffy Favourites and Slingo Centurion. All you must do is hit the ‘Play Now’ button to get started. Furthermore, new Umbingo customers that deposit at least £10 can receive a welcome offer of up to 500 free spins on selected slots (Full Ts & Cs Apply). Pretty good, right? However, before you play Slingo bingo at Umbingo, keep reading to find out exactly how to play and win.
What is Slingo Bingo?
Before we get into a step-by-step breakdown of how to play Slingo bingo, it is worth taking a bit more time getting to grips with what it actually is. Originating in the 1990s as an experimental bit of fun designed by a US real estate developer, Slingo is a direct mash-up of bingo and slots. The Slingo brand was sold in 2013 for $15.6 million, proof of its incredible potential.
Slingo bingo games will look quite familiar to online slots games and bingo fans. In the middle of the screen, players can find a 5x5 bingo scorecard, with one slots reel below it. Like in traditional bingo, the aim of the game is to cross off as many numbers as possible on your scorecard. However, unlike classic online bingo, the numbers are generated by the online slot reel at the bottom of the screen in Slingo bingo.
There are various Slingo bingo symbols, too, with things like wilds and scatters borrowed from the online slots world. Moreover, there have been a number of Slingo bingo titles based on popular online slots in recent years. Head to Umbingo and hit ‘Play Now’ on games like BGT Slingo and Starburst Slingo to see what we mean.
Step-by-step how to play Slingo Bingo Online
There is nothing major to worry about for Slingo bingo beginners, largely because this game is quite a direct combination of online bingo and online slots. Still, though, you need to know how to play Slingo bingo before playing for real money at sites like Umbingo. If not, you can easily run the risk of wasting money.
Here is a simple step-by-step of how to play Slingo bingo:
- Find an online casino like Umbingo with a broad selection of Slingo bingo games.
- Choose a Slingo bingo game, making sure it is a theme you will enjoy and the payout statistics are healthy.
- Once the Slingo bingo game you have chosen loads, you will see a 5x5 bingo scorecard and an online slot reel below it.
- Unlike online slots, Slingo bingo players don’t place a wager on each spin. Rather, you place an overall stake at the beginning that determines the number of reel spins you will receive. These will also have to be made within a specific timeframe.
- If a number appears on the bottom slot reels, which is also present on your 5x5 bingo scorecard, it will be crossed off. Just like in traditional bingo, the aim is to cross off as many numbers as possible in your allotted time.
- There are also some special symbols during Slingo bingo that we will explore next. Keep an eye on these as they can help you win.
- At the end of your specified number of Slingo bingo spins, players will receive a total amount of game points. You can then receive a cash payout depending on how well you have done.
Key Slingo bingo symbols
It isn’t just the online slot reel that Slingo bingo borrows from slots, as most Slingo bingo games also feature a few special symbols. Here are a few Slingo bingo key symbols to wrap your head around before you play for real money at Umbingo:
- Joker: A joker symbol during Slingo bingo is akin to a wild icon in online slots. It can swap with any number in the grid column above to tick it off.
- Super Joker: The super joker symbol is a souped-up version of the regular joker icon, and it can be used to tick off any number on the grid.
- Free Spin Symbol: Pretty self-explanatory; the free spin symbol gives players a free spin to use.
- Coin Symbol: If players are lucky enough to find a cash symbol during their Slingo bingo experience, they will receive a cash prize.
Top Slingo Bingo Games
Over the last few years, there have been several high-profile Slingo games hitting the market, sending players at sites like Umbingo into overdrive. But what are the top Slingo bingo games around at the moment? Keep reading to find out:
|Slingo bingo title
|Slingo Rainbow Riches
|“Luck of the Irish”
|Slingo Fluffy Favourites
|Slingo Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
|Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
These Slingo bingo games are routinely called the Top 5. It is worth mentioning that Slingo bingo games generally have a lower RTP than traditional online slots, although players can still win a nice amount of money. All the Slingo bingo games listed above are available to play now for real money at Umbingo. Just hit the ‘Play Now’ button to get started!
The best casinos to play Slingo Bingo
It is all well and good knowing how to play Slingo bingo, but you also need to know where the best places to play Slingo bingo are. Unfortunately for land-based casino enthusiasts Slingo bingo is a predominantly online game, best played at sites like Umbingo. All you have to do is hit ‘Play Now’ on a Slingo bingo game of your choice.
Make sure you have registered first though using the process below:
- Umbingo need a few pieces of personal information to check you are eligible and build your user profile.
- Next up, new customers need to validate their email addresses using the link provided.
- First-time Umbingo players that deposit £10 or more will receive a welcome bonus. This can result in 500 free spins on selected slots (Full Ts & Cs Apply).
As you can see, the Umbingo sign-up process is incredibly simple. It means you can choose from a vast selection of Slingo bingo games and play today. Here are a few more of the best sites to play Slingo bingo at:
- Barbados Bingo
- Easy Slots
- Slots Racer
- Daisy Slots
- Pay by Mobile Casino
- No Deposit Slots
- Bonanza Slots
- Star Slots
- Wizard Slots
- Slots Baby
How to win at Slingo Bingo
One last thing that is essential if you want to know how to play Slingo bingo is learning how to win. Here are a few top tips that will help players in their quest for Slingo bingo success:
- Play Slingo bingo games for free in demo mode before playing for real money at sites like Umbingo. This will give you a much better idea of how to play, which will in turn contribute to more Slingo bingo wins.
- Try and play Slingo bingo games with higher RTP ratings. However, remember that Slingo bingo games, in general, have lower RTPs than their online slot counterparts.
- Keep a strict bankroll and always bet within your means. Slingo bingo players can win a lot more money if they are able to keep playing for a longer time.
- Make sure you know how the bonus features of each Slingo bingo game work before you play. Bonus rounds are often the main place to pick up large Slingo bingo wins, so don’t waste the opportunities.
- Place the Super Joker symbols in the best position for multiple Slingos at once!
How do I calculate Slingo Bingo payouts?
Another part of knowing how to play Slingo bingo is appreciating how to work out payouts. Luckily, this is quite simple. Just like with online slots, players set a wager at the start of their turn, and this is then multiplied by various win multipliers. So, say you placed a £10 bet and received an accumulated multiplier of 500x. You would use the equation below to work out your jackpot:
£10 x 500 = £5000
It really is as simple as that. Just make sure you are also aware of special bonus symbols in the particular Slingo bingo title you are playing. Slingo games with high payouts are:
*Any Free Spins/Welcome Bonuses References are subject to the following: NEW PLAYERS ONLY, MIN DEPOSIT £10, MAX BONUS EQUAL TO LIFETIME DEPOSITS (UP TO £250), 65X WAGERING REQUIREMENTS AND FULL T&CS APPLY.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.